A brief summary of my teaching background and philosophy.
I am currently not teaching during my postdoc, but I looking forward to getting back into the classroom. In the meantime I have had opportunities for some fun outreach at events in Texas.
Bat Acoustic Techniques Courses and Workshops
- Developed and taught advanced and beginning acoustics analysis techniques to government, consultants, and students including material on acoustic survey design, North American bat ecology, and species-specific call identification.
- Contact me if you are interested in arranging a course at your workplace or lab.
Center for Integrating Research, Teaching and Learning (CIRTL)
- Coursera: An Introduction to Evidence-Based Undergraduate STEM Teaching, 2015
Assistant Professor, Western University, 2013
- Ontario Universities’ Program in Field Biology Experimental Studies in Marine Biology
- Co-taught field course at Huntsman Marine Sciences Centre in St. Andrews, New Brunswick
Co-Instructor, University of California, San Diego (UCSD) Extension, 2005
- Taught Extreme Ichthyology to high school students with one other instructor
- Developed course curriculum, including exams, hands-on activities, and field trips
Bat Biology, Western University, Department of Biology, 2010
- Developed course material for a university-level online course through distance studies at UWO instructed by Dr. M. Brock Fenton
- MOS 1021: Introduction to Management and Organizational Studies (Consumer Behavior and Human Resources), Prof. Kevin Thompson, 2012 – 2013
- Biology 2290: Biological Methods Laboratory, Prof. Irene Krajnyk, 2007 – 2012
- Biology 3224: Bat Biology, Distance Studies (online), Dr. Brock Fenton, 2010, 2011
- BIEB 164: Behavioral Ecology, Dr. Karen Marchetti, 2006
- BIEB 128: Insect Ecology, Dr. David Holway, 2005
Tang Soo Do Instructor, Orion Martial Arts, San Marcos, CA, 2000 – 2006
- Taught martial arts classes in both English and Spanish, ages 3 – 80
Summer School Teacher, San Marcos High School, 2007
- Taught physical education to high school students, grades 9 to 11
Substitute Teacher, Vista Unified School District, Vista, CA, 2007
- Taught grades 1 to 3